Brooklyn Family Law Attorney
Divorce | Orders of Protection | Child Custody | Support | Property Division
At Robert A. Ugelow, P.C., we are dedicated to helping our clients with all of their family law needs. Many family law matters are very personal, which is why it is critical to have an attorney who will aggressively pursue your best interests and provide the legal help you need in a comfortable, approachable manner.
Our Family Law Practice
Our experienced, personable attorney does everything he can to protect the rights of our clients. We prepare every client’s case for trial and constantly pursue the resolutions our clients’ desire. At Robert A. Ugelow, P.C., we help clients dealing with all types of family law matters, including:
- Orders of protection: After allegations of domestic violence, the criminal, family or divorce court can enter a temporary order of protection. We represent clients seeking and opposing orders of protection. We also represent clients in criminal court if they have been charged with assault, domestic violence or other family-related crimes.
- Divorce: In New York there is both fault and no-fault divorce. Generally, the cause for divorce will not affect the economic, custody and support awards which are made when the divorce action ends.
- Child custody and visitation: During a divorce action, decisions regarding children are critical. We work with our clients, fighting for their interests and at the same time seeking to obtain the ideal solution to their family problem.
- Child support: In New York, child support obligations are based upon statutory guidelines. The factors involved include the number of children and the income of the parents.
- Spousal maintenance: There are guidelines for a court to determine the amount of spousal maintenance during a divorce action. The monetary support award received by a spouse as a result of her marriage was formerly known as alimony, but now is known as spousal maintenance or support and that award may be temporary during the divorce action or permanent when set forth in the final divorce order.
- Property division: We have the experience to handle complex asset division, including real estate matters.
- Paternity: We represent individuals in matters brought to establish the legal relationship between parents and children, commonly known as paternity proceedings.
- Premarital agreements: A premarital agreement or a prenuptial agreement, which is signed before a marriage, can save people money, time and stress in the future if it takes into account children from a prior marriage and/or assets that each spouse possesses in the event that there is a need to dissolve the new marital relationship after it begins.
Contact Your Brooklyn Divorce Law Attorney
Many people who need a family law attorney have never hired a lawyer before. Be confident that the lawyer you choose is a zealous advocate for your rights and interests.